Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daniel Domscheit-Berg Talks About WikiLeaks And Julian Assange

By Jerry Smith Mar 24 2011
assangewatch.blogspot.com

Daniel Domscheit-Berg, the ex-WikiLeaks member who left and started OpenLeaks did an interview with Matt McAllester.

Here are some excerpts from the interview.

McAllester: You resigned as the No. 2 at WikiLeaks in September, and you write in your new book, 'Inside WikiLeaks: My Time With Julian Assange at the World’s Most Dangerous Website', that you might resort to violence if you saw WikiLeaks’s founder, Julian Assange, in person again. Of all the awful things you describe him doing, what was the most hurtful?

Domscheit-Berg: He said he would destroy me, and he would hunt me down and kill me if I would endanger a source, although I never gave him reason to suspect I would. He also threatened to have me locked up.


McAllester: He also told you to dig up some dirt on your new girlfriend, who later became your wife.

Domscheit-Berg: Yeah, yeah. That was pretty hurtful, too.


McAllester: And yet you stuck around for a long time. It sounds a little like an abusive relationship.

Domscheit-Berg: That’s a bit how it felt — like I was trapped in the illusion of thinking that he is such a great guy and I have to convince him that it can work out between us. I guess that’s what defines an abusive relationship.


McAllester: Would you characterize your friendship as intense?

Domscheit-Berg: Yeah. At least that’s what it was to me. Today I have to question if there was anything like that on his end. That’s what for me is the worst part of all of this.


McAllester: What’s the difference between OpenLeaks and WikiLeaks?

Domscheit-Berg: WikiLeaks is everything from the platform to which people can submit documents to the platform that actually releases these documents, and it has to cover everything in between. OpenLeaks will just provide the technology to be able to receive documents and to protect the sources that send those documents, and it will provide that technology to existing organizations like nongovernmental organizations and media entities and maybe labor unions or special interest groups.

Click here for the whole interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment